Different paths to get PR in Australia

Sharing is caring!

Many applicants wish to have permanent residency in Australia to those who have a temporary visa. They all wish to migrate to Australia so that they can have a better career. In this guide, we are going to discuss in detail the different pathway options to get PR in Australia.

Given below is the list of different pathway options discussed by our migration agent to get PR in Australia.


  • Find the Australian Permanent Resident Partner or Australian Partner


The pathway to a permanent residence requires you have evidence that you are married to an Australian Permanent resident or Australian Citizen. It includes the different subclasses which are:


  • Onshore Partner Visas (Subclass 820/801)


In this case, the temporary visa is granted and after that, the subclass 801 permanent visa is granted. The processing time of the visa is around 24 months. After the Subclass 820 visa, you will be granted the Bridging visa and you will have full work rights along with the Medicare benefits.


  • Offshore Partner Visas (Subclass 309/100)

  • Prospective Marriage Visas


With the prospective visa, the fiance of the Australian permanent resident or Australian citizen can marry the partner and then apply for the Subclass 820. You need to get married within 9 months.

If you are planning to apply for the visa, you will get the information from the migration consultant.


  • Skilled pathway to have Australian Permanent Residency


There are different skilled visa options and this includes the:

  • Subclass 189, Skilled Independent Visa
  • Subclass 485, Temporary Graduate Visa
  • Subclass 887, Skilled Regional Visa
  • Subclass 190, Skilled Nominated Visa
  • Subclass 491, Skilled Work regional (Provisional) Visa

Under this option, the Subclass 189 visa is the best option. This is because you will be granted the visa without being in a link with the employer and there should not be any obligation to the territory or state government to work or live for 2 years.

Want to explore the other options then talk to the agent and he will make you understand which visa option is ideal for you.


  • Australian Permanent Residency through Employer-Sponsored Pathway


Under this option it includes the:

  • Subclass 482, Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
  • Subclass 186, Employer Nomination Scheme Visa
  • Subclass 191, Permanent Residence Visa (Skilled Regional)
  • Subclass 494 Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional Visa (Provisional)


  • Additional pathway to PR


  • There is an option of a partner visa for the permanent residency which costs much more. The non-contributory parent visa includes the Subclass 804 parent visa and Subclass 103.
  • With the student visa, there is an option to have permanent residency and this depends on the course you choose and the occupation should be on the list.
  • One of the options is Investment and a business visa is a viable option for PR in Australia. In this case, making the monetary investment in Australia along with that the patient’s experience and significant business skills need to be kept in mind.
  • The distinguished talent visa is for the people who have recognized skills and they can apply for the PR in Australia.

If you are confused about which visa option is best for you then contact our agents. For better information, you should contact the migration agents and they can guide you better what option will suit you the best. They will go through the entire process and make sure you get the visa on time.